Classic TT qualifying cancelled due to wet roads

By admin — In News — August 17, 2026

   ​Monday evening’s qualifying sessions for the Classic TT and Manx Grand Prix has been cancelled due to rainfall making the roads unsafe.Organisers said a large section on the course was affected, with more showers due and the conditions were not expected to have improved in time for the session.The cancellation means road around the 37.7 mile (61km) Mountain Course will not close as planned at 18:00 BST.The evening’s schedule had been due to include qualifying laps for the Senior, Supersport, Junior, and Sportbike Manx Grand Prix competitors, as well as those taking part in the Classic TT.The opening session for the 2026 events took place on Sunday afternoon, starting with a speed-controlled lap for newcomers followed by an untimed practice session and qualifying.That action was cut short following a red flag incident at about 15:35 involving Italian rider Salvatore Sallustro.The crash, which happened at Greeba Bridge during the Sportbike and Junior, saw Sallustro taken to Nobles Hospital.A deterioration of the weather then led clerk of the course Gary Thompson to cancel the remainder of Sunday’s session.Organisers said Tuesday’s planned schedule remained unchanged, with roads due to close at 18:00.Read more stories from the Isle of Man on the BBC, watch BBC North West Tonight on BBC iPlayer and follow BBC Isle of Man on Facebook and X.
More on this story
At a glance: Road racing set to return to the Isle of Man
Related internet links
Manx Grand PrixClassic TT  

Content Source: Yahoo News

Image Credit: Getty Images

All rights to the news content and images belong to their respective copyright owners.